Facade-facing tiling is not just a decorative accent, but a material that visually describes the financial level of homeowners. Respectable real estate decorated with marble looks very nice. Travertine brings a note of modest naturalness, granite “gives off” with proud coldness, slate “shares” with us the history of past centuries.
Facade stone tiling requires investment and requires a very solid foundation for the house. Therefore, most buyers opt for lighter and less expensive finishes. Thanks to the development of new technologies, it is possible to embody the bold ideas of builders, producing finishing materials from clay, concrete, vinyl material, agglomerate, clinker, terracotta, and porcelain stoneware. The choice from a variety of shades and textures gives each customer the opportunity to look after and buy the material they like at any time of the year.
The advantages of outdoor tiling
- Protects the material of external structures from abrasion, mechanical damage, destruction resulting from weather imbalances.
- Facade tiling for outdoor decoration prevents the penetration of moisture in the form of rain, hail, and snow, “takes over” a strong wind, does not allow the walls to freeze, and be exposed to strong temperature effects.
- Unlike brick, which is recognized as a classic for facades, all materials, except for natural stone, can be bought cheaper, and the load on the house will be reduced.
- A significant selection of shades and textures of the material. This will help each private home get its own design and personality.
- The use of piece products in facade decoration will allow you to quickly eliminate local damage, eliminating the dismantling of the entire topcoat.
- Resistance to destruction leaves 40-100 years for different types of materials.
- For those who find the uniformity of the coating boring, we can offer a combination of several materials on the same surface or at the junctions of the walls.
- Materials made on the basis of natural components are environmentally friendly, low heat loss, and significant strength.
- The exterior clad tiling does not attract dirt and is quickly cleaned with pressurized water jets. After cleaning, it regains its color and decorative appeal.
Suggested exterior wall finishes
The Polish manufacturer Cerrad offers customers products with a flat and convex top. The facade with a rustic version will be attractive, with which a dark and chocolate shade will create depth and saturation of color.
Shimmering with natural tones, the Autumn Leaf collection is created for those who prefer a soft gradient of shades. Dark tones smoothly turn into light ones and stand out especially in the brickwork pattern with clearly marked bulges.
Tiling for the facade and floor from the collection released 3 types of brick-imitating products: classic, warm, and combined colors.
Another collection from a domestic manufacturer for lovers of a gray loft. Discreet finishes have their share of beauty in the world of calm, subtle shades.
The brick picture of a slightly weathered tiling is reproduced in the Antic series. Antique motifs do not go out of fashion, therefore, the facade facing tiling in a retro style always differ from modern motives.
A little about production
There are two very popular materials for the facade.
It is made from clay that melts at high temperatures and does not have lime inclusions. Passing through the extruder, the mass under pressure comes out through the nozzles, having a moisture content of no more than 15%. Having received the molding dimensions, each unit goes through the stage of 1.5-day drying at t = + 1300˚С. Microscopic capillaries help remove steam, but there are no large pores in the products.
It is made from refractory clay raw materials with various additions from spar, sand, coloring substances. Relatively dry pressing (the moisture content of the semi-finished product does not exceed 5%) and firing contribute to obtaining a product in which water absorption does not exceed 0.05%.
Low water absorption, significant strength, resistance to weathering make both materials suitable for outdoor use. A good, high-quality material will not be cheap, because it should be understood that the finish protects the walls and foundation from getting wet, prevents heat generation in the cold season, and does not just ensure the beauty of the facade. And the service life, reaching up to half a century, will make investing in the purchase of clinker, porcelain stoneware more pleasant.
For installation, you should invite experienced craftsmen who have experience in working with clinker and porcelain stoneware. It is important that they have professional equipment to create the required dimensions of the cladding, and not a glass cutter that can spoil the end parts of the product and cause cracks.